The Austrian government invites applications from international students for its 2019/2020 Undergraduates, Graduates, Postgraduates, PhD scholarships. These scholarships are financed by the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria.
The Austrian Government Scholarships are taken at the following institutions, Austrian University, University of applied sciences or research institutions in the field of Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
FIELD OF STUDY
Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities and Arts.
These scholarships are open to all Nationalities except citizens of Austria.
- monthly scholarship instalment: 1050 EUR
- Travel Costs: Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
- Health insurance: from 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health) and covered from the scholarship.
- Accomodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accomodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office (covered from the scholarship).
Eligible for application are
- descendents of forced labourers under the Nazi Regime (regardless of their country of origin)
- or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.Students meeting the above mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- on their bachelor thesis
- on their diploma or master thesis
- or their dissertation.
- Age limit
- Doctoral students: No more than 40 years (born on or after September 1, 1979)
- for other students: No more than 35 years (born on or after September 1, 1984)
To apply for this Austrian Government Scholarships, applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE APPLICATION
- Fill the on-line application form and submit your CV
- two letters of recommendation from university lecturers
- scanned international passport
- university graduation certificate
Deadline: 1st, September 2019
Application Link: https://www.scholarships.at/default.aspx