Applications are invited from International students and Canada citizens for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2019. This scheme was created to attract and retain world-class doctoral students and to establish Canada as a global centre of excellence in research and higher learning.
Canadian Universities with Vanier CGS allocations
Field of study
PhD programmes (or combined MA/PhD or MD/PhD) in health research; natural sciences and/or engineering research; and social sciences and/or humanities research
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada and foreign citizens are eligible to be nominated for a Vanier CGS.
The scholarships is worth $50,000 per year for three years.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be considered for a Vanier CGS,
- you must be nominated by only one Canadian institution, which must have received a Vanier CGS quota;
- you have to be pursuing your first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- intend to pursue, in the summer semester or the academic year following the announcement of results, full-time doctoral (or a joint graduate program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) studies and research at the nominating institution; Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- not have completed more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2020
- you must not have a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Deadline: 6th November 2019
Application Link: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html